An Important Update for all essential workers from Blazing Saddles.
Firstly, a huge thank you and respect for what you are doing every day. We know that keeping your bike on the road, especially if it’s your transport to work, is really important right now.
We want to do what we can to make part of your life a little easier, and keep your bike in tip top condition, so, for this reason, we would like to offer a courtesy bike for you to use whilst your bike is being serviced or repaired. You will also get priority treatment.
Just let us know you’re an essential worker when you book your bike in, and we’ll do the rest.
To book, or for any other enquiries please ring the shop on 01422 844435.
Hope you’re staying safe in these testing times.
We’re open for you
We’re open for repairs, bike parts and new bike sales, by appointment only. Here’s how it works:
We are using our shop as our contact point so no-one gets missed via different channels. Whatever you need: PHONE THE SHOP on 01422844435 , and someone will reply and book you in.
Bike Services and repairs
Please wash your bike at the back of the shop before drop off. Our mechanics wear gloves for the repair/service and your bike will be cleaned/sterilized before you pick it up.
Bike parts and accessories
Need a new helmet? Or maybe a chain, tools, or even a wheel…whatever you need simply email your requests and John will let you know when you can arrange to pick your items up. Payment over the phone is best, although if that isn’t possible we can accept contactless payment by arrangement in the shop. If you’re not sure exactly what you need, John can ring you and discuss options.
We’re happy to help anyone who needs a new bike. We can discuss what your needs are in detail, or you can make an appointment to come in and see the bikes we have in stock. Phone John to make arrangements. We are still selling bikes through the bike to work scheme and we also offer finance – interest free credit up to 2 years.
We would like to offer a free local delivery service for orders over £50 to help you to minimise journeys and stay safe. Deliveries would probably be available once a week so we make one main journey to everyone who needs us. Areas would include Todmorden, Hebden, Mytholmroyd and potentially a little further, please just ask.
Some of you may not want, or may not be able to be out at this time. We will be here for you when this is all over! We’ve had people asking if they can buy vouchers towards bike services in the future, or gift vouchers for friends and family who maybe haven’t had the birthday they had planned etc. No matter what the occasion or reason, the answer is very much yes. You can buy vouchers for any amount from £5 upwards over the phone. We can send you a copy of the voucher or simply register it under your name in the shop.
Keep safe and very best wishes from all of us to all of you.
Your choices make a difference
Recycled and useful gifts from Cycle of Good
Cycle of Good is seeking old bicycle inner tubes for its Malawi craftspeople to turn into a range of new products, including wallets, phone cases and purses. Bring them into the shop anytime and we will send them to the charity to be recycled.
The British-based charity enterprise sends the old inner tubes to Malawi, where they are carefully cut up and cleaned, and turned into a something new.
In our shop now!
We are selling a lovely range of their upcycled products in our Hebden shop now. Give something meaningful and useful this Christmas!
All the products use locally printed cloths and recycled materials. All the money Cycle of Good makes pays for childcare and non-profit social enterprise in Malawi. It’s why it’s called the Cycle of Good!
Meet the new Specialized Creo SL Comp Carbon Evo
Specialized have a long history of developing the world’s highest performing road bikes. Tarmac, Venge, Roubaix, Allez, Diverge—each one dominates their category, featuring the best technologies in the industry. And while that’s a tough act to follow, the Turbo CreoSL is sure to exceed your expectations of how an e-road bike performs. It’s lightweight, smooth, capable, and even lively—all with the power to flatten mountains, laugh at headwinds, and go farther than you ever thought possible. And with this EVO model, you get larger tires, dropper post, and flared bars to take you wherever your heart desires.
It’s you, only faster.
…the Creo provides an amazing, revolutionary experience **
The Turbo Creo SL Expert EVO features the Specialized Fact 11r carbon chassis. Yes, that’s the same one on the top of the range S-Works model, and you’ll also get the new Future Shock 2.0.For the spec, we included a 1x Shimano Ultegra Di2 build with an XT rear derailleur and an 11-42t cassette to take on shifting and braking duties, while Roval C 38 Disc carbon wheels get wrapped in 38mm Pathfinder Pro 2Bliss Ready tyres to keep you rolling worry-free and super-fast, no matter the terrain. And filling out the build are the Specialized Adventure Gear bars with 12 degrees of flare, a Future Stem Pro, an X-Fusion 50mm Manic Dropper seatpost, and the fan-favourite Body Geometry Power Sport saddle. The Specialized Creo realizes the dream of an e-bike which feels like any other high-end road bike, with its natural handling and manoeuvrability, but with a flick of a switch unleashes its power to become the turbo charged super car of the cycling world.
The marketing slogans are accurate. It really is so light you’ll forget it’s electric. Riding faster really is more fun.***
Available to test ride now. RRP: £5499
- FACT 11r carbon frame which not only makes the Creo literally kilograms lighter than competing e-bikes, giving it incredible range, it also encourages dancing on the pedals and diving into corners with its stiff agile design.
- Future Shock 2.0 Fork reduces fatigue and increase speed, no matter the terrain. The 2.0 allows you to adjust compression from fully-open to stiff, while hydraulically-damped internals control rebound.
- Specialized SL custom lightweight motor doubles your effort with as much as 240 watts of silent and powerful assistance to amplify your ride. The motor’s responsive torque curve delivers power perfectly in-tune with your normal riding cadence and leaves no resistance when riding unassisted.
- Battery anxiety? Not on the Creo SL. With up to 80 miles of range from the internal battery, the Creo SL eats up big miles and long days. And if that’s not enough, the optional range extender provides up to 40 additional miles of mountain-flattening power. More fun, more freedom.
- Mission Control App, you’re able to tune the SL 1.1 motor to your riding style, record rides, and monitor the battery. The app can handle battery management automatically too, ensuring the battery will last as long as you need it to. The motor even has a built-in power meter that transmits to any ANT+ head unit. Don’t want to connect? No worries— the Turbo Connect Unit (TCU) on the top tube gives you all the control you need to ride.
- Shimano Ultegra Di2 1×11 high performance drivetrain gives you the smooth and accurate electronic shifting experience with the gear range to go anywhere with or without motor assistance.
- Frame FACT 11r carbon, Open Road Geometry, front/rear thru-axles, fully integrated down tube battery, internal cable routing, fender/rack mounts, Boost™ 12x148mm
- Fork Future Shock 2.0 w/ Damper, Smooth Boot, Boost™ 12x110mmmm thru-axle, flat-mount disc
- Rear Derailleur Shimano Deore XT Di2, Shadow Plus, 11-speed
- Shifters Shimano Ultegra Di2 Disc R8070
- Chain set Praxis, 46t, 110BCD with Praxis, Hollow forged M30, custom offset
- Cassette Shimano XT, 11-speed, 11-42t
- Chain Shimano Ultegra
- Front Brake Shimano Ultegra R8070 hydraulic disc
- Rear Brake Shimano Ultegra R8070 hydraulic disc
- Handlebars Specialized Adventure Gear Hover, 103mm drop x 70mm reach x 12º flare
- Stem Future Stem, Pro
- Grips Roubaix S-Wrap
- Front Hub Roval C 38 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, 38mm depth, 24h
- Rear Hub Roval C 38 Disc, carbon, tubeless-ready, 38mm depth, 24h
- Front Tyre Pathfinder Pro 2Bliss Ready, 700x38mm
- Rear Tyre Pathfinder Pro 2Bliss Ready, 700x38mm
- Saddle Body Geometry Power Sport, Titanium Rails
- Seatpost X-Fusion Manic Dropper Seat Post, 50mm of travel
- Motor Specialized SL 1.1, custom lightweight motor
- Battery Specialized SL1-320, fully integrated, 320Wh with Custom Specialized wiring harness w/ chargeport and Custom charger, 48V System w/ SL system charger plug
- Controller Specialized TCU, 10-LED State of charge, 3-LED Ride Mode display,ANT+/Bluetooth®
I came away seriously impressed by the Evo…*
*Read more at https://www.bikeradar.com/reviews/bikes/electric-bikes/specialized-turbo-creo-sl-review